FAQ – Notre site Web
We offer film and video footage in two different license categories: Royalty Free (RF) and Rights Managed (RM).
With RF licenses you are paying only a one-time license fee, even if you use the material several times and in various projects. RF is a perpetual license that provides the re-use of the relevant shots by the same customer. RF material often consists of ordinary content that is optimized for the usage in basic promotional projects.
RM licenses specify the use of shots with respect to the media (TV, internet, cinema, etc.), the duration and the geographical distribution. The fee will be calculated once you have decided on the exact manner of use. RM material is of the highest quality, requiring superior technical equipment and artistic skills. This license category therefore provides high value-added footage material for the customer's production.
License packs: In order to simplify the use of RM footage, we have pre-selected license packs, that cover essential rights of use in a package to be selected at one click. Some licensors offer such licenses specifically for the Internet at very reasonable rates.
- Browser supporting HTML5
- InternetExplorer 9 (partial support)
- InternetExplorer 10 or newer (full-support)
- Safari 6.0 or newer
- Chrome 21 or newer
- Firefox 15 or newer
- Android 3 or newer
- Video-Playback doesn't need any further plugins
As an orientation we use Google's browser policy
Inscription / Connexion
On the page with the shot details (opens when you click at the search result on the keyframe of the shot) you will find on the left sidebar a BIN showing more shots that were filmed at the same shoot and location.
Similar shots that have been found by the image similarity search of the Framepool website are displayed below the BIN. This selection is filtered out through a combination of computer generated matching keywords and patterns.
More on this at the question "Visual Search".
- The price for Royalty Free (RF) shots is displayed directly.
- License packs can be purchased with just one click. The rights to be acquired and the price will be displayed after you click on the desired license type.
- To calculate Rights Managed (RM) shots, proceed in four steps:
- Step 1: select the type of production - or the "usage" - from the list. We already have put together some standard types of film uses in cinema, TV, Internet and other media for your convenience. By clicking on the little black question mark on the right side of the calculation window, you will get a more detailed definition of the selected production type.
- Step 2: select the media where your production is to be published. The media package is generally more cost effective than the individual selection.
- Step 3: determine the duration of the desired use. Acquiring a longer term can be relatively less expensive than the acquisition of a short-term use.
- Step 4: select, if applicable, the territory for the use of the footage. Countries bought together in a package (for example a continent) can be cheaper than individual choices of many countries. For some types of usages, you will be asked to choose a number of copies or a number of transmission screens.
Un point vert signifie que les droits de la vidéo sont pleinement clarifiés pour toutes les utilisations. Pour certaines utilisations, les droits de tierces parties doivent être pris en compte (par exemple, le droit à la vie privée d'une personne). Ces droits doivent être clarifiés. Cet état est indiqué par un point jaune ou vert-jaune. Si vous définissez une utilisation dans le calculateur, les points changeront de couleur en accord avec cette utilisation.
Pour certaines utilisations, des droits tiers doivent être pris en compte (par exemple, le droit à l'image sur les personnes filmées). Ces droits peuvent nécessiter une clarification. La libération de droits tiers n'est pas toujours nécessaire, même si un point jaune l'indique. Pour s'en assurer, une clarification des droits est préférable. Notre département Right Clearance est à votre disposition pour clarifier ces droits tiers à votre demande. Nous offrons aussi, en échange d’une redevance, de mettre en place une assurance en cas d’éventuelles poursuites d'ayants-droit tiers. Mais vous pouvez tout à fait commander nos contenus sans clarifications supplémentaires.
Dans ce cas, vous devrez prendre soin de clarifier les éventuels droits tiers vous-même.
Credit Card / Prepayment via QPAY - currently not available for payments in US$
Credit Card via Ogone - available for payments in US$
Credit Card / Direct Debit via PayPal - no PayPal customer account required
Payment via PayPal customer account
Prepayment via advance bank transfer
The necessary bank details will be displayed upon order confirmation. Please note that delivery of the ordered files will be effected upon receipt of payment.
You may also submit your payment via Paypal at email@example.com
Purchase on account
Available to approved users only. Please contact us to check whether you are eligible.
Upon confirming your order you will be automatically redirected to the corresponding payment site. Framepool does not register or store credit card information or bank details of any kind.
Located at the top you'll find options to repeat your payment via one of our credit card or prepayment options. Please note that delivery of the ordered files will be delayed until full receipt of payment.
New footage material should especially show what is not easily reproducible or only at high costs: Preferably the footage is shot with high-quality equipment such as 4K Sony F65, Red Dragon, ARRI ALEXA, but GoPro and other action formats can work with specialty footage.
In film and photography it’s all about light: it is important that images are shot only at the best lighting conditions!
From the perspective of content, we are looking especially for dynamic shots and superlatives like the fastest animals, the tallest buildings, the longest bridges etc. Footage of people and lifestyle are always in demand, but must be released for promotional uses (release of the persons depicted is absolutely necessary). In advertising, individual dynamic images are of interest. For editorial usage, we are looking for comprehensive coverage for example worldwide locations, presenting the highlights of the earth and other establishing shots. Aerial footage, inclusive drones recordings fit into this category as well.
Historical film materials of all kinds are selling well, especially if they are scanned in HD or 4K formats.